April 11 & 12, 2015
Wooden Boat Challenge
Does your team have what it takes to build a boat in three hours (with materials provided), race it around a short, marked course (without sinking) and do it faster than any other team? If so, be at:
Westside Park, Saturday, April 11th
CONSTRUCTION between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
VOTING ends at 1:30 pm.
Race begins at 2:00
Each team gets a complete materials package.
Multiple prizes and trophies will be awarded.
Team Entry fee $240.00. Entry fee non-refundable after April 15.
Business sponsorships encouraged.
100% of fees support local charities
- Teams will consist of a maximum of 4 members, pre-registered.
- Building time is 3 hours, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Only the provided materials may be incorporated into the boat, with the exception of decorations - these may not be structural. Sawhorses, tarps and poles may be used but must remain ashore during the race.
- The Boat must be built using ONLY non-power tools, with the exception of battery-powered screw guns for driving screws.
- Drawings are okay but NO full size patterns.
- Team members (minimum one) must power the boat. No motors permitted. Paddles or oars must be made from materials provided.
- Racers must wear Personal Flotation Devices. A bailing device must be carried in the boat during the race (provided).
Boat Building Materials (Provided):
2 sheets of 3/8” x 4’ x 8’ plywood
12 pieces of 1” x 2” x 8’ lumber
2 pieces of 2” x 2” x 8’ lumber
2 pounds of 1" or 1 1/4" sheet rock screws.
1 pound of 1” nails
1 roll of duct tape, 3 tubes of caulking
25’ of poly rope, 1 piece of poly sheeting (9’ x 10’)
contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or POB 433, Bodega Bay, CA 94923
click here for an application
click here for a wooden boat challenge flyer